It’s one of those rare rainy days in Malta so I got writing on my journal which led to this post. Expats & travelers are likely to relate to today’s thoughts & here’s a few.
You know you have turned international when….
- You know the luggage size restrictions of every airline.
- You measure life by countries not years.
- You turned into a story teller. Some appreciate your stories others don’t as they can’t relate so you learn when to shut up.
- No therapist needed, google & a credit card will do
- You have more ex-cities than ex-boyfriends.
- Would rather see the world than be trapped in an office.
- My comfort zone is out of my zone.
- Experience & Memories make you happier than things.
- You miss traditional food from more than one country.
- You have friends quite literally in every continent & you never say goodbye but see you again!
- Home is not where you grew up but where you left your heart.
- Your friends ask “Where are you?!” not “How are you?!”
- You feel that you belong everywhere and nowhere.
- You can sleep anywhere & adapt easily.
- You speak more than 1 language fluently (in my case 5 -#proudmoment) & find yourself switching accents when speaking to different nationalities.
Can you relate? Let me know!